Showcase: Building a wakepark on a freshwater property
Wakepark Brombachsee – Full Size Cable
The design and construction of a cable system on natural lakes, former quarry pits, ponds and rivers is the most common request that we get from our clients.
Location: Absberg, Germany
Product: Wakeparx Full Size Cable
Specifications: 8 carriers, 6 towers, 571m cable length
- Large reservoir lake with average water depth of 13 meters
- Soil consists mostly of brown podsol, gravel-heavy sand, sand loam and pseudogley
- Popular destination for cycling, hiking and water sports
- Adjacent campground and small cable system with two towers
- Creating a new destination for local and interregional tourism
- Increasing the recreational value of the nearby campground
- Turning a littered beach into a business opportunity
- Combating seasonal blue algae growth
- The existing beach could not accomodate the layout of a full size cable system and required an artificial peninsula
- Further construction needed to be delayed until the new sand bank had been compacted and could support heavy construction vehicles
- Lake size and depth made it necessary to install some anchors underwater
Get in touch!
Please contact us if you have questions or want to inquire about our services worldwide. Make sure to include all relevant information, like water depth and the size and type of the body of water to enable us to get a good understanding of your project’s circumstances. Don’t have the numbers at the ready or still doing research? Try our free online wakepark planning tool!